ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
1. Short title
Agricultural Management Associations
4. Register of agricultural management associations
5. Association of five or more persons
6. Consideration of application by Commissioner
7. Constitution of association
8. Incorporation of association
9. Certificate of registration
10. Powers of association
11. Officers of association
12. Register of members
13. Limitation on liability of members
14. No individual claim on capital
15. Disposal of profits
16. Annual meeting of association
17. Commissioner may convene special general meeting
18. Books of account
19. Records to be available for inspection
20. Annual and extraordinary audits of accounts
21. Style or firm name to include registered number
22. Style or firm name to be made public
23. Office and postal address of association
24. Cancellation of registration
25. Winding up on cancellation of registration
26. Application of assets on winding up
27. Inspection of register and other documents
Act 10, 1978,
S.I. 101, 1979,
Act 18, 1986.
An Act to provide for the constitution, registration and control of agricultural management associations; to provide for the rights, privileges, obligations and liabilities of members thereof; and to provide for matters connected therewith and incidental thereto.
[Date of Commencement: 15th October, 1979]
Preliminary (ss 1-2)
This Act may be cited as the Agricultural Management Associations Act.
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires-
"agricultural venture" means a venture concerned with horticulture, fruit growing, seed growing, dairy farming, the breeding and keeping of livestock (including any creature kept for the production of food, wool, skins or fur, or for the purpose of its use in the farming of land), the use of land as grazing land, meadow lands, market gardens and nursery grounds, and the use of land for woodlands;
"association" means an agricultural management association registered under section 6;
"Commissioner" means the Commissioner of Agricultural Management Associations referred to in section 3;
"register" means the register maintained by the Commissioner under section 4.
Agricultural Management Associations (ss 3-27)
There shall be a Commissioner of Agricultural Management Associations.
The Commissioner shall keep a register of agricultural management associations registered under this Act and shall enter therein the particulars required by this Act to be so entered.
(1) Where five or more individuals, all of whom shall be citizens of Botswana, wish to be associated for the purpose of undertaking a collective agricultural venture, they may form an agricultural management association for that purpose and apply to the Commissioner for registration under this Act.
(2) An application for registration under this Act shall contain such particulars as may be prescribed and shall have attached thereto a copy of the constitution of the proposed association.
(3) Where the collective agricultural venture involves the use and exploitation of tribal land, the Commissioner shall forthwith transmit a copy of the application to the tribal land board concerned.
(1) The Commissioner shall cause notice of every application made to him
This section of the article is only available for our subscribers. Please click here to subscribe to a subscription plan to view this part of the article.
Please click here to login