ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
1. Short title
3. Repeal of section 6 of the Perpetual Edict of 1540
4. No antenuptial contract valid unless registered and copy filed
5. Contracts executed before passing of Act
6. Only notarial contracts to be registered unless executed beyond Botswana
7. Act not to affect position of women married in partial community
8. Fraudulent contracts not affected
(Act 21, 1875),
Proc. 2, 1959,
Cap. 145, 1959,
L.N. 84, 1966.
An Act to repeal the sixth section of the Placaat of the Emperor Charles V, of 1540, and to make other provisions relating to antenuptial contracts
[Date of Commencement: 10th June, 1891]
This Act may be cited as the Antenuptial Contracts Act.
(1) In this Act, "creditors" include and embrace persons to whom any insolvent spouse is, together with any co-partner or other person, joint
This section of the article is only available for our subscribers. Please click here to subscribe to a subscription plan to view this part of the article.
Please click here to login