ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
1. Short title
2. Permit to introduce dead body
3. Permit to remove dead body
4. Removal of body from hospital and conveyance of body of person who died of certain diseases
5. Offence to keep bodies in certain places
6. Keeping of dead bodies
Proc. 21, 1933,
Cap. 42, 1948,
Cap. 56, 1959,
HMC Order 1, 1963,
L.N. 28, 1965,
L.N. 84, 1966,
S.I. 12, 1977.
An Act to regulate and control the conveyance of dead bodies.
[Date of Commencement: 7th April, 1933]
This Act may be cited as the Conveyance of Dead Bodies Act.
(1) No person shall introduce any dead body into Botswana unless such person has first obtained a permit from the Minister.
(2) Every application for such permit shall state the name, age, sex and race of the deceased, the place of and cause of death, the circumstances under which it is desired to remove the body into Botswana, the proposed mode of conveyance of the body, the precautions which will be taken to prevent any danger to health or any cause of offence arising, and the proposed mode and place of disposal of the body in Botswana and shall be accompanied by a certificate of the cause of death signed by a qualified medi
This section of the article is only available for our subscribers. Please click here to subscribe to a subscription plan to view this part of the article.
Please click here to login