ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
1. Short title
3. Exclusion of section 16 of Cap. 33:02
4. Community of property excluded
5. Proprietary consequences of marriages of persons subject to customary law
6. Registration of instrument with Deeds Registry
7. Correction of errors on instrument
8. Change of property regime
9. Registration of instrument or notarial deed
10. Validation of certain instruments
11. Power of Minister to amend Schedule
13. Repeal of Cap. 29:03
14. Savings provision
Act 69, 1970,
Act 39, 1971,
Act 17, 1975,
Act 37, 1980,
Act 11, 2008,
Act 12, 2014,
S. I. 99, 2014.
An Act to provide for the property of married persons and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.
[Date of Commencement: 1st August, 2014]
This Act may be cited as the Married Persons Property Act.
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires-
"community of property" means the community of property, profit and loss;
"property regime" means a marital property regime which can either be in community of property or out of community of property;
"Registrar" means the Registrar of Deeds; and
"repealed Act" means the Married Persons Property Act repealed under section 13 of this Act.
Section 16 of the Deeds Registry Act shall not apply in relation to any instrument attested under this Act.
This section of the article is only available for our subscribers. Please click here to subscribe to a subscription plan to view this part of the article.
Please click here to login