ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
1. Short title
3. Establishment of Building Regulations Board
4. Building regulations
5. Passing or rejection of plans
6. Appeal to the Building Regulations Board
7. Deposit may be declared to be of no effect after three years
8. Power to require removal or alteration of work not in conformity with building regulations
9. Relaxation of building regulations in special cases
Law 7, 1962,
L.N. 84, 1966,
S.I. 12, 1977.
An Act to authorize the making of building regulations and to provide for matters incidental thereto.
[Date of Commencement: 29th May, 1962]
This Act may be cited as the Building Control Act.
(1) In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires-
"building regulations" means regulations made under section 4;
"commercial building" means a shop, warehouse, factory or hotel;
"plans" includes sections, elevations and specifications;
"the construction of buildings" means-
(a) the erection of new buildings; and
(b) the re-erection, adding to, altering and conversion of buildings, and the covering of open spaces between walls and buildings.
(2) All or any of the powers and duties conferred or imposed on a local authority under this Act or regulations made thereunder may, subject to the local authority's control, be exercised and performed by the officers, servants and agents thereof (including any officers of the public service of Botswana acting as officers or agents thereof), and all references in this Act and the regulations to a local authority shall be construed accordingly.
This section of the article is only available for our subscribers. Please click here to subscribe to a subscription plan to view this part of the article.
Please click here to login